What You Can Do
Friends of Accion tries to keep administrative costs minimal, and volunteer support is our key to success. You can help us in many ways, and we encourage creativity—if you think of a way you’d like to help us that’s not on this list, please let us know.
Accion’s programs are helping to educate the next generation of Mayan Mexicans, build houses and places to worship, and providing emergency relief. Please join us in these efforts by making a donation.
- To make a donation, mail a check made out to “Friends of Accion” to:
- Click the “donate” button above to make a one-time donation or set up monthly giving through our secure “PayPal” site.
Sponsor a Student
Our Student House and VIM programs require about $140 per month per student to operate. Currently, Acción has about 45 students total at these facilities. We have room for more students, but lack the financial resources to add more. Please consider pledging your support so that these vital programs can continue and grow to provide educational opportunities for deserving children. Click here to read more about Accion’s student sponsorship program.
Keep in touch
- Pray for our ministries
- Keep in touch by liking our Friends of Accion Facebook page and sign up to receive about 2 newsletters per year. (To sign up, send us your name and email in the contact fields at the bottom of this page.)
- Make a presentation at your church / school / community service group (we will provide the materials) and collect a special offering for Acción
- Bring a team of short term missionaries to Mexico for a Work Team project
- Join a week-long Acción Mission Tour. This is a great option for people who are considering bringing a Work Team to Mexico, want to learn more about Acción Ministries, and/or can’t do the physical labor of a Work Team project.
If you want to volunteer but can’t travel to Mexico, there may be other ways you can help us right where you are.
- Are you tech-savvy? Would you like to help us improve the website? We need some help creating and editing videos and possibly redesigning our logo. (Contact Abby Gwaltney if interested.)
- Contact our Board of Directors President to find out how you may be able to help our nonprofit board with administrative tasks or pro bono services. (Contact info is in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this page.)
- Organize a fundraising event
- Bake sale
- Dinner party
- Musical event